SPS frag - dying / sick?

Ryan S

I'm not certain what effects Nitrite has on corals, but I believe if you have nitrites, you're still going through something of a cycle. I wouldn't add any fish until nitrites are not detectible.

+1

Also your Cal and Alk are little out wack.

With your Cal @ 520 your Alk should be around 11. I ran into the same situation although my Alk was alot lower, 6.4

I have slowly raised it to 10 and my Cal was down to 460 today and the SPS are looking alot better. The Cal hadn't budged for the past 3 weeks which means nothing was growing or using up the cal.

It has already been said your tank is a little new for SPS and once it matures a little your params will probably come back togther fine.

How "old" or how long should you wait till your tank is ready for SPS? Is it a time or just when parameters are stable? What are the signs your tankd is ready?

Once everything is stable, and you have your parameters holding steady I like to add an easy SPS to test the waters so to speak. Some thing like a pocillopora or a monti cap.

What should I be dosing for my daily calcium and alkalinity ( i have brs 2 part ). I was doing 10ml/day of each to start? Maybe lower that to 5ml per day maybe?

I would stop dosing any Calcium and just does the Alk part.

Once your Calcium starts to come down you can lower both to where you want them.