Water Barrels and Southdown Sand

jwildman

Any Home Depot will carry 35Gal round trash bins that are both inexpensive and easy to store. I believe I bought them a while back for less than $12 including the lid.

-Rob

As far as southdown- the reef tank can get it in if they don't have it on hand. I found the same stuff under another name at walmart up here in Albany (from thread on RC). Some K-Marts have it evidently as well.

Guest RastaMan

Grim at the Reef Tank said they cannot get Southdown, and that Southdown (Old Castle) is no longer being manufactured. They were getting it from a wholesaeller that had left over stock

Rick

As far as southdown- the reef tank can get it in if they don't have it on hand.  I found the same stuff under another name at walmart up here in Albany (from thread on RC).  Some K-Marts have it evidently as well.

35015[/snapback]

Guest tburrs

southern states in manassas has the sand. it's called something else, but it's white tropical sand from the carribean sold by old castle. I think it was $3.49 for a 40lb bag.

Excellent .. ty all :)

John

its yard right and its the same as the old southdown. i picked it up there when i set up my tank.

35197[/snapback]

just called Southern State ... was the sand you got Tropical Playsand? they said they dont carry that ... trying to make sure I get the correct stuff :)

thanks,

John

Guest tburrs

I don't recall what was on the bag, but they have two types. You want the WHITE play sand packaged by Old Castle. When I was there a month ago they had an entire pallet. It's outside between the store entrace and the big garage door.

Yo; I'm that guy you were talking to at dhoch's tank tour. Take a peek at steve outlaw's "going out of the hobby" post. He's got sand in his 120. Tell him you're needy :)