Clowns wont eat

NYfan78

Hey all i just got 2 occellaris(sp?) clowns last week. I have tried feeding them new life spectrum pellets, omega one flakes, and mysis shrimp which i tried a half block today. They just hang out in the rock work and wont eat. They dont seem to like to come out of the rock work when the lights are on. Lights out they are out swimming. What is going on?

Are they the only fish in the tank? Sometimes fish need to see other fish swimming around in order to feel safe enough to come and feed, swim around etc.

They would add some nice movement to the tank although they can get kind of nasty if you get 2 to pair up.

Some green Chromis would add some nice action to the tank as well.

You just need to get some other fish in their so the clowns feel and little more secure.

When fish see a bare reef (i.e. they are alone in your tank) they assume there is a predator nearby. Putting more fish in the tank gives a sense of security and draws out shy fish.

So, feed them at night and when the lights are out for now.

In case you haven't noticed yet - clown fish can be weird. And, when they stop this weird behavior, they'll probably start another one.

So, feed them at night and when the lights are out for now.

In case you haven't noticed yet - clown fish can be weird. And, when they stop this weird behavior, they'll probably start another one.

haha almost as weird as boxers (dog)

Lost the male clown :( found him with my 2" emerald crab head only remaining. Grrrrr