Programming my Apex for the First Time

Ryan S

Yay! I got it working.

I changed the port from 1080 on the router and apex to 80, and now it works over the internet. According to this link, the Apex requires the port to be 80, but I know several folks with an apex who don't use 80, so I am not sure how they do that.

Regardless, is it okay to leave it at 80? I don't want to be vulnerable to hackers or anything?

edit: changed port to 4000.

Edited by Coral Hind
edited per request

Change your port...... Based on your ip looks like you are a Comcast subscriber. From Comcasts support site... http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/list-of-blocked-ports/ looks like they block 1080. But they dont list 80, which is unlike other ISP's ive seen. I usually use ports in the 4000-5000 range.

That was it! Can I leave it at 80 or should I change it to 4000 and call it a day?

I get the Login prompt for your Apex! Looks like its working. I'd highly suggest not leaving it as 80 for security reasons... But that's your call. From Apex main menu go to System>Net Setup>HTTP Port and change from there. You will need to reset your port forwarding on your router to match then. You may need to restart your apex network after changing ports too (System>Net Setup>Restart).

Ryan, I get a username / password request by clicking on it... looks good!

I went ahead and changed it to 4000! What a PAIN IN THE A$$! Thank you all very much for the help!

After Roni gets his camera hooked up, I am thinking I'll get one of those too so I can watch the tank over the internet as well. hopefully thats not a pain too!! :)

LOL... it is!! Although it was a little easier for me after I went through it once with the APEX.

LOL... it is!! Although it was a little easier for me after I went through it once with the APEX.

do you have a link that i can see your tank streaming at?

is the website that plays the streaming video free? or do you need a streaming website or something?

Sent you a PM.

The camera system has it's own protocol (although I needed to do some finessing to make it work the first time), so it is free, it loads like any other webpage. Similarly to the APEX in this regard.

Mine REQUIRES internet explorer, though... kind of a PITA.