SpanknA's Marineland 27g cube

spankna

Id like anyones opinion on this. I feel like my chemipure is just sitting in my sump doing nothing but having water flow around it. I wanted to build something to force water through it. The simpliest place I could think of was the relief valve in my return. Water is always coming out of it so I put together a little reactor like tube to force water through the chemipure. Heres what it looks like.

4c6866ea-f422-716b.jpg

4c6866ea-f457-1eee.jpg

This setup requires no extra pump and was simple to make but there is one huge drawback. If the setup clogs, my pump will overtake my overflow. Luckily I have tested that even if my return pump chamber empties to the tank, the tank will not overflow. What do you guys think?

No one has any input? :huh:

I went ahead and finished the mini "reactor like" tube anyway. Maybe a finished project with pictures will explain more. Decided to try it out with some carbon for now. I have filter foam above and below the carbon to hold it in place.

61ffb6b2-57ad-2244.jpg

61ffb6b2-57fc-2c33.jpg

The carbon is there temporarily just to make sure water will flow through a granular substance. The bag(11.75 oz) of chemipure I have is too large for the tube so I cannot run it at this time. The smaller size bag(6.5oz) of chemipure should fit. I measured the carbon at 3/4cup(6oz) with some room to spare.

• 4 weeks later...

I am waiting for the glue to dry then I am pulling them out. I am also bringing the door up about a 1/2inch before I paint it.