Where can I get a Stand Built?

Guest vee

Guest vee

Do people know if there are places that will build stands for a reasonable price?  Furniture grade of course.

thanks

Didn't John Hemmer  have a hood custom made and was real happy with the work that was done?  There was a website for it, and as I recall they make stands as well.

I looked for a custom builder, and found a couple on the web.  But, when I wrote to them none responded.  You could try your luck with custom furniture makers too.  I think Marine Scene has a custom builder that they use, but you would have to pay their markup on the finished piece.  

BB

Try glasscages.com.

They will deliver it to the next local pet show. However,

you will have to pick it up. Their prices are quite

reasonable.

You might be able to influence the design as well.

Atleast, on the tanks that they sell.

-krish

There is nobody left in the area specializing in stands and hoods.  There was a guy who tried (built my hood) and Ravens Craft, but neither are still doing it.  You may want to look in the yellow pages and see if you could talk a cabinet maker into working with you, but you'll probably pay big bucks.

I believe Oceanic is coming out with a new line of stands and reef ready (read tall) hoods.

Glass cages is who I was thinking of... they do shows in the area at least 4 times a year.  We could always ask them to come to one of our meetings as well.  Their prices are very fair, and from what I remember, they are very open to custom jobs.

We do a lot of custom work, but I cannot guarantee we can do anything locally for non-clients until about January-March. We have a few versions of cabinetry for stand-alones from the following grades:

1)Basic (above aquarium manufacturers standard cabinets)  

2)Midrange (about the same as upper grade aquarium manufacturer cabinets but with more detail work)

and

3)High-end furniture grade which I usually farm out to 2 high end cabinet makers (the pricing is very high, but they use rare woods, dovetails, etc.)

What are you looking for? Types of mouldings? Door styles? I can give you an estimate based on what we have done that is similar, to help you shop around :)

Just want to chime in and let you know I got a stand and hood from Aquariausa which was exceptionally and strongly built. And extremely cheap in comparison. Check him out.

Mike

Wow! Thanks for the kind remarks :) Glad you liked it! I have made a few others locally like that same cabinet. Actually have to make a bowfront ensemble for a show by this weekend, wish me luck! hehe

Guest vee

Whoa...i wasn't following this thread that closely. :)

I've looked into glasscages but I don't have any way to pick up the stand at their closest show in Manassas.

I looked into a guy in Frederick, petcabinets.com.  I'll report back to see what happens with this.

thanks guys

Victor