What is this algae

Dholmblad

Recently this brown stringy algae has shown up on all of my rocks. All my corals besides a small zoa frag seem to be unaffected. None of the critters seem to want to help clean it up. Below are the best pictures I can get. It kinda looks like dinos but I am not sure.

IMG_5674.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

Can't really see it but what I do see appears to be slightly slimy so I'm guessing dinoflagellates.

Any ideas how to get rid of Dino? I already run carbo and gfo in reactors

Can't really see it but what I do see appears to be slightly slimy so I'm guessing dinoflagellates.

Any ideas how to get rid of Dino? I already run carbo and gfo in reactors

I dont have a ton of flow, mag 9.5 return 2x K4. But I am pretty sure that is enough to keep any detritus in the water column. The sand is clear, however the rocks are covered in this stuff.

Have you determined what it is yet? Cutting lighting back isn't always the best thing. Sometimes just leaving the tank alone and letting it go the course will let the algae burn itself out. How long are the lights on for now? Do you have any corals in the tank?

Have you determined what it is yet? Cutting lighting back isn't always the best thing. Sometimes just leaving the tank alone and letting it go the course will let the algae burn itself out. How long are the lights on for now? Do you have any corals in the tank?

I had the lights running from about 1-8 or 9. There are a number of the corals in the tank, all seem unaffected besides a zoa frag. And I think that one isnt doing so great more because I find it knocked onto the sand every morning.

I read somewhere that dinos will be "gone" in the morning as they have used up all the oxygen, and then return throughout the day. Well every morning this stuff is all over my rocks.