Some fish observations

treesprite

It was interesting watching the behavior and all of my fish during the 12 hour fish-catching ordeal. I ended up taking out all the rock except a structure too large to remove. I took out the firefishes and the Rainfords because I didn't want them to get stressed out by the ***l the Hectors was putting me through.

Dragonets.

They are funny, but can be a real pain. They were rushing all around the tank trying to chase down all the pods that were exposed by my messing with the rock and disturbing the sand (believe me, I disturbed a lot). I'm always afraid I'll drop a rock on them. They were not at all bothered by the turmoil in the tank.

Tang.

He just thinks I'm a pain in the rear. Mostly he stayed in one end of the tank, and I guess he knew I wasn't trying to catch him because he wasn't running, but a few times tried to whack me in annoyance.

Purple firefish and orange firefish.

The purple was easy to catch, but the orange gave me a good chase. What is interesting is that when they were in the 2g Eclipse I had on the floor, they acted like a pair of firefish would act rather than like two different species, making a lot of physical contact and hiding together. When both had their own mates, all 4 lived together under the same rock... maybe these are male of one pair and female of the other. I have not noticed them acting like a pair in the tank, but they sure did in close quarters.

Rainfords.

He was the easiest to catch, maybe slow because of his very recent ordeal. I could have just put him in the fuge and not go through 12 hours of hard labor, but I felt sorry for him. He is way happier now in the DT with the Hectors out.

Clownfish.

These clowns are funny. They stayed with the anemone through the entire ordeal. It was really interesting that when I was swaying around that huge rock tructure trying to shake out the Hectors, the clowns were swaying to keep up so they could stay with the anemone - looked like dancing. What was even funnier, is that when I raised the rock above the water line, the clowns decided to lay flat on the anemone instead of going into the water.... I wonder how long it would have taken for them to decide to get out of the air on their own.

Hectors.

That fish is the devil. I never want to have to catch that beast again. These are pretty fish, but if you ever plan on getting one, you better make absolutely sure you won't change your mind after he's in your tank.