New system and fuge

STEVE

I am looking for any suggestions/comments on my new 30gallon fuge I just built and installed. It has only been running for a week now. I have approx. 3 portions of chaeto and 20 lbs of cured rock in the fuge. I cant remember the wattage of the bulb, but it is equal to 100watts, its a 5000k CFL in a clamp on fixture. Details about the main tank are as follows... convention 90gallon with approx 120 lbs of Real Reef rock, SWC160 cone skimmer and a BRS GFO/Carbon reactor. The lighting is from 3 Maxspect LED heads. The tank has been up and running for only 2 months. I have approx 9 fish in there, and about 11 pieces of coral ( 3 LPS, 3 small SPS frags, 3 softies, and 2 mushroom colonies. Everything has looked great, I know I have moved pretty quick as far as putting corals and fish in. Any comments would be great.

post-2633113-132742769434_thumb.jpg

I am using a MJ1200 Cobalt powerhead from the main sump and it gravity feeds back.

I am looking into a different light setup possibly....just dont like the way it looks...lol

post-2633113-132743193344_thumb.jpg

One work of caution is that I had one of those lights fall into the sump because the clamp isn't the best.

Is the fuge a partitioned area in a larger tank? If the partition failed your controller might get wet.

I think your display tank looks really clean and neat, so the Fuge off to the side would look better if dressed up a little to match (canopy or something to hide the light in).. If you went with a canopy you could make a DIY LED for it, or go with some Ecoxotic Panorama modules.

One work of caution is that I had one of those lights fall into the sump because the clamp isn't the best.

Is the fuge a partitioned area in a larger tank? If the partition failed your controller might get wet.

Good eye.. Didnt even see that at first.

LOL....nah...I just left it there on accident for the pic. That seperate sump will be my ATO, it holds about 6 gallons. Good eye !