Calibrating Apex controller for pH

MBVette

I started setting up my apex on Monday and have been trying to get the PH probe calibrated, but every time I do it is said it failed. I have two sets of milwakee calibration liquid one at 7.0 and the other at 10.0. I put the probe in each one as directed and let is sit for at least a half hour as the number settles in. When in stays in one spot for awhile I move it to the other solution.

After the second solution is done I hit finish and it says calibration failed. I have tried this 4 times so far and the same thing each time. Any ideas on why it is doing this?

Maybe its timing out somehow. When I do mine it only takes a half a minute for the numbers to settle. Also cleaning the probe between solutions Ive had to recalibrate my PH probe several times not sure why though. Good Luck!!

it moves like 1 number every couple minutes if I leave it sit in there. Should I try just putting it in and when it stops moving quickly switch it to the other solution?

Make sure you are fully rinsing with RO/DI water between dips. If one solution gets into the others it can affect the pH of the calibration solution and throw things out of whack.

I would dip and swirl :)

also you should be pressing ok on the apex after each solution and not going from one to the other and then done....like up top rinse the probe prior to starting in reg. ro water then do the low ph then rinse in ro water then do high ph when done rinse again and put probe back into water....

Also is this a new apex system or an old one....if it is old the probe will only last about a year and have been told if they are not kept wet they go bad as well after inital calibration....

it moves like 1 number every couple minutes if I leave it sit in there. Should I try just putting it in and when it stops moving quickly switch it to the other solution?

Once its settles press the button rinse it and move to the higher solution. Once its set you can retest your calibration by using your solutions.

ok just tried it about 10 times and it failed each time.

I tried quickly dipping in each, waiting in each a little bit. With the adjust for temp on and off. I cant figure this out, and I am getting really frustrated with this at this point.

Doh!

Glad it was something simple!