Heater another one down

jtro

Well I got a email today on my phone at about 4:AM that Temp was below 76 degrees went down to check it out temp at 74.2 and heater alarm going off another element bites the dust.I have a 500 watt finnex controlled with a controller which is also controlled by the apex seems to work but cant seem to keep a heater long anymore. What are you using and for how long?My heater controller is still working just the element is bad.

Thanks

Jim

I've got the Eheim-Jager. I have it positioned with the controls above the water and it has been working on my various tanks for the last 4 years.......only piece of equipment I HAVEN'T gotten rid of.

I also have one of the super stealth in the sump that is almost 2 years old, but I also have the controls above the water line. Not sure if they last longer when not fully submerged.

I have dual JBJ ceramic thermometers attached to a JBJ temp controller, so none of the contols are anywhere near the water and they have been running great for the last 2.5 years now.

I have an Ebo Jager 100w and it does great.

Of all the aquariums that I maintain, heaters are the #1 failure 2nd only to bulkheads and tubing connections. All of the maintenance tanks have been using stealth heaters and API. In my opinion, the only heater that's worth anything is the Ebo Jager.

I also have been putting Hayward 5.5kw Spa heaters on large systems and they have a lifespan of about 5 years but many of the components like the heating element is user replaceable.

have about 340 gallons of water in my system spa heater sounds interesting. Have been using a Finnex 500watt but it just took a dive don't think it was even six months old