Powerhead Replacement

darkcirca

Alright WAMAS members, maybe you can help me out with this decision. Since I broke one of our Koralia 3's last night, I need to buy new powerheads asap. I'll likely be placing an order somewhere tomorrow, so I can get them in this week. We have 2 currently, and would probably just do 2 of another type again. The original power heads were probably 3-4 years old.

I've looked at the SICCE Voyager and Hydor Evolution, along with JBJ. I've read goods and bads about both, but wanted to see if any of you had any experience with any of these, or would recommend something else. I'm not looking to spend a fortune (Vortech/Tunze), as I've got a few big expenses coming up (dogs second surgery for one).

This wasn't something I wanted to have to replace, since those last ones worked without problem for all this time...

This wasn't something I wanted to have to replace, since those last ones worked without problem for all this time...

I think you answered your own question. I vote Korilla's.

I think you answered your own question. I vote Korilla's.

Yea - I just read some poor stuff about the new evo series, which is why I'm considering others too..

What did you read about the korillia evo that was bad?

The biggest issue I saw was them running in reverse - something I worry about if the power cuts out for a split second, since I don't run them on a battery backup. I know this was an issue with people using them on a wavemaker.

I have two koralia evo 750s that I used on my reef tank and they worked great with no problems at all. I was actually planning to put them up for sale in the near future since I converted back to freshwater. I still have the boxes and everything for them if your interested PM me.

I have two koralia evo 750s that I used on my reef tank and they worked great with no problems at all. I was actually planning to put them up for sale in the near future since I converted back to freshwater. I still have the boxes and everything for them if your interested PM me.

Thanks for the offer. I'm thinking of just trying out a 1050 and a 1400, as I want to try a bit more flow (had the Koralia 3's before). Looks like Amazon has them, and I've got a prime trial.. may just pull the trigger and try them. For the cost, I can just resell them if I'm not happy.

I'm still curious about the Sicce Voyager.

Thanks for the offer. I'm thinking of just trying out a 1050 and a 1400, as I want to try a bit more flow (had the Koralia 3's before). Looks like Amazon has them, and I've got a prime trial.. may just pull the trigger and try them. For the cost, I can just resell them if I'm not happy.

I'm still curious about the Sicce Voyager.

Not sure if you've checked eBay, but premium aquatics sells them on their for great prices. The user name they use is premiumaq.