Declining Nautilus Populations

gjbarord

Hi Everyone,

This article came out in the NY Times a couple months back. It is about the conservation work that I am involved with regarding the chambered nautilus, which actually does live on the slopes of coral reefs throughout the Indo-Pacific and depends on coral reefs for their survival as well. I am heading to Australia in a few days with a team of researchers to continue this work.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/25/science/25nautilus.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=nautilus&st=cse

Greg

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

I am rescuing this thread and will be posting updates/photos and hopefully videos of the research we've been doing over the past year and the work we continue to do. The first things I'd like to do is draw everyone's attention to the efforts of two young kids who took it upon themselves to start raising awareness and also funding for the research. They've become a big part of the research and their efforts recently funded a significant portion of an expedition to American Samoa. Their website is www.savethenautilus.com and they are also on Facebook.

Stay tuned!

Greg

That's great Dave! Josiah or Ridgely? Both are great kids and really interested in in a ton of different things. I'm sure he'll have a lot to tell you about American Samoa. Tell him I said hello!

Have fun!

Greg

Hi Everyone,

I am rescuing this thread and will be posting updates/photos and hopefully videos of the research we've been doing over the past year and the work we continue to do. The first things I'd like to do is draw everyone's attention to the efforts of two young kids who took it upon themselves to start raising awareness and also funding for the research. They've become a big part of the research and their efforts recently funded a significant portion of an expedition to American Samoa. Their website is www.savethenautilus.com and they are also on Facebook.

Stay tuned!

Greg

Look forward to seeing more.