Portable Generator for winter

El Camaron

I have seen them at Harbor Freight too. I thought about getting one but at 900w it was too small for my tank at the time. Being that is is a pure sine wave generator that makes it safer for electronics.

All of this is myopinion but...

Main advantage of astandby is ease of use. Residential models usually use LPG/NG as a fuel source,so you don't have to worry about filling the tank every few hours. They arealso quieter than portables, and harder to steal. And of course they are hardwiredto your house, so no mucking around with extension cords.

And I would think astandby generator would be a selling point for a house, especially if poweroutages are a frequent occurrence in your area..

Edited by Dakota

on sale at 1saleaday.com, if i didnt already have one i would certainly purchase this one, seems like a nice one and reminds me of the smaller honda ones.

http://1saleaday.com/family/

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the battery operated generators. They have some that run about 150 bucks and for me at least would be enough power for a heater and pump.

All of this is myopinion but...

Main advantage of astandby is ease of use. Residential models usually use LPG/NG as a fuel source,so you don't have to worry about filling the tank every few hours. They arealso quieter than portables, and harder to steal. And of course they are hardwiredto your house, so no mucking around with extension cords.

And I would think astandby generator would be a selling point for a house, especially if poweroutages are a frequent occurrence in your area..

That's assuming you own your house. I rent, so a portable is a better fit for me.

$300 is a great price for what seems like a decent generator. I have a 2000w Honda that I love (super quiet, reliable, easy to start, eco-throttle) but it was $900.