docs 20L soon to be 40B

Dr.eclipse

hi everybody. i suppose i should say i little about myself. im 15 a sophomore. ive been doing aquariums for 3 years and reefing for 1 year and 3 months. and reefing is pretty much all i do. and wrestling.

all the pictures are taken with an iphone4 so the quality isnt all that great.

current FTS 20L photo-12.jpg

current parameters ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 ph 8.4 alk 9.5dkh calcium 450 magnesium 1500

filtration 21 pounds of haitian live rock

Lighting current sunpod 36"150 watt MH

Equipment Hydor Koralia Evolution Circulation-750gph jbj ATO system

fish 2 paired percula 1 back percula 1 clown goby 1 flame angel

inverts 1 pistol shrimps exy shrimp derasa clam

coral 1 purple mushrooms1 1 green hairy mushroomred mushroom 5heads of frogspawn dragon eye zoanthid radioactive dragon eyes zoanthid purple death zoanthid nuclear green zoanthid armor of god zoanthid red monti cap rainbow raptor zoanthid green welso patch of GSP 2 elephant ear mushrooms

photo2-8.jpg

photo10-8.jpg

photo30-3.jpg

photo9-8.jpg

photo7-7.jpg

(edited)

I honestly didn't get a good look at the corals in the tank. But I'm not picky :)

Thanks again for the beautiful flame angel. Oh and the zoanthids are very nice as well.

Edited by Dr.eclipse

It always great to see younger kids interested in the hobby, I wish I had started sooner. Good job with your tank so far, hope the upgrade to the 40 goes well and will be the first of many more upgrades to come.

You should upgrade your membership to a student member, its free for students and it gives you access to alot more of the website. I cant remeber if BB members can send PMs or not, but if you can send a message to Tom, screenname Origami2547, he is the membership director and get you set up with the student membership.

How are your 3 clowns behavior with one another? Generally speaking you should only keep 2, a female and a male, but its possible to keep more if they get along. 2 of your looks to be on the smaller side so they may still be juveniles which means they should be peaceful with one another.

thanks terps. im trying to get the all stuff together for the membership, but im having a hard time finding my student id and report card.

as for the clowns, they get along pretty well. some times the female doesn't want the black clown in the frogspawn and will kick him out.

i added a purple crocea clam from my dads tank. his tank didnt have enough light it was showing signs of bad stress. so hopefully he'll recover in my tank while my dad gets better lights.

As of right now there is no extra filtration on the tank besides live rock and a hob filter.

My new build will have a 29 gallon sump, with a fuge.

equipment for the 40B

skimmer: bubble magus NAC5A

heater: 250W jager heater

overflow: 700gph complete kit from glassholes

flow: mp10

return: mag-drive 5

light: current sunpod

ATO: jbj ATO

• 2 weeks later...

got some awesome toys for christmas.

mp10

rkl

250 watt jager heater

bubble magus nac5a

two little fishes phosban reactor

just sold some extra equipment that ill no long be needing, and with that money i made an order at glass-holes.com

super nano con dientes 300gph, and a quiet one 1200 return pump, and a return kit.

40 breeder will be up as soon as the stand is done!

• 3 weeks later...