10g Rock Wall practice

SunWyrm

This took me 2 days to complete. I wanted to figure out start to finish how to do my larger tanks' rock walls the correct way and wanted a different nano than the 15 I have upstairs. I'm going to put the 15g away after this one is cycled. Can't decide where I want it permanently so there's no water or lights on it yet.

How can I make a light fixture for this? I found 2 28w pc bulbs - one "ultra-actinic" and one 6700k "ultra-daylight" and a ballast to go with them, but I've lost my cords to attach the bulbs to it. Anyone know where I can get them?

And now for the ultimate question...What do I put in it?

Here's pics:

http://marisaspencer.imgur.com/10g_rock_wall/#0

• 6 months later...

Pictures!

I know you all would rather have updates on my 360 build, but maybe this will tide you over? Putting in my mated pair of blue devil damsels, some softies, zoas, and feather dusters.

Does anyone know if a feather duster will grow back the same color crown? My mantis decided my purple feather duster would be prettier sticking out of his door. It's growing back but looks more white and brown than deep purple. At least it's growing back after that ordeal!

Using my marineland "reef" leds, a pump I had laying around, and a Remora hob skimmer. Nitrates are just about gone, diatoms everywhere! I'm really pleased with my mini version rockwall.

oSZs9.jpg

XRGYt.jpg

xobFv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This looks pretty cool. Would make an awesome goby/shrimp set up. Let us know how the foam works out and if you have any trouble with it.

Very cool! I like it. Great job on making it look authentic.