b/w captive bred clownfish sick

gmubeach

So I was out to eat and I get a frantic call from my father saying my female b/w is upside down and breathing heavily. I figured it was a loss. Got home no open signs of parasites or ich or stining. I put some food in the tank and she swam up half well and ate it after about 3 mins she went to the bottem again. Swim bladder issue? I thought she would have died its been 4 days now and I can't take it I'm not going to kill her, but is there any medicated food or something I could try. OR a dip? All of the other fish appear fine. I've been having some water chemistery issues!

Oh and her mate is fine he tried to frolick with her and she didn't respond? Could this be gentic or an illness or what I've never seen a fish lay upside down for more then a day

That happened to us two weeks ago. But it was the male that looked bad. The female kicked him out of the nest for some reason and almost killed him. He had bite marks all over and was swimming really crazy, upsidedown and every other way you can think of. I put him in the little tank and he swam crazy for almost a week and wouldn't eat for a few days. The breathing issue stopped once I removed him from the tank. Slowly he started swimming better and eating so two days ago once he looked good we threw him back in and she looks like she missed him, they are paired up again. Maybe you have a fish that was picking on him?