Ruined Heater

FearTheTerps

Came home today and found my heater on my QT cracked. My QT is a 29 gallon and was only about 1/2 filled with water, no live stock in the tank as this time, but I had it set up for some fish purchases I plan to make soon. Nothing was harmed except for the heater.

Anyone want to take a guess at why my heater was busted??????????

MY CAT!!!!! Well I guess part of the blame is my own fault. My QT sits on the floor with the cords for the heater and powerhead running behind it on the floor as well. For whatever reason when I set it up I placed it a few inches from the wall. My kitten loves to run all around the room, and I have found her numerous times behind the tank, although she never bothered anything. My assumption is that the kitten was playing behind the tank and got tangled up in the cords. I found the heater pulled completely out of the water, but still in the tank above the water level. one of the 2 suction cups was still attached to the glass as well. I guess I'll drain it and move it against the wall now. :angry:

I've had that happen, for me it was just a big mistake on my end. Evaporation caused the water levels to drop in the sump, I didn't fill it in time. I lost most of my livestock...glad you didn't have the same result! I started reading, and all I could think of was, "I know where this is going OH NO!!:ohmy:".