Tank Noise

HowardofNOVA

Steve Elliott stopped in last night and we worked with my 90g tank in trying to quite the drains. From previous post I changed by 3 overflows coming out the back to 1" PVC "T"'s to speed outflow AND hopefully quite the swishing sounds.

DID work some, got rid of the gurgling by extending the PVC coming out of the "T" pipe above the tank with a cap and placing a small diameter piece of tubing down into pipe. But also seemed to magnifying the water noise going down. Though this was no where as annoying as the gurgling while trying to fall a sleep on a few away.

BTW, While playing with the piping, the water splashed out sending about a CUP of water down water INTO electrical socket, tripping GFI, but not before letting Steve know what electricity can do to your senses.

:oops:

Sorry about that! But the curly hair thing looks good on you!

:rolleyes:

Steve mentioned about placing the small diameter tubing down 1" "T"'s a short distance to help water go down and quite noise. This was done with 1 of the 3 pipes, but seems I will need to do with rest again.

Any other suggestions?

BTW, I thought I had got all of the water off electrical socket, but must not have, cause around midnight the electrical short started and I had to run and kick off the breaker manually. Was getting exciting there for a few moments.

Golly, me and electricity really have it in for each other!

Howard

PS< THIS IS MY 1000th Quote!

I know, shutup!

:)

OK Uber reefer- congrats on being so vociferous- Say- I thought you had enough of elctrical contact to last you a while, you were still tingling and fuzzy yourself last time I saw you. Of course it might have been the happy hour effect :lol: - Might help if you put plugs- strips, ect above the sump area rather than down below the water level.

The gurgles are the most difficult to get rid of- A tube run well down into the drain pipe seems to do the trick in dursos, but in your overflow drain set up I am not sure- Let us know how it works.

Regards,

Hey Will do!

Yes, I enjoy those electrical shocks so much, That I thought I would share them with a friend! :P

FYI, I just got back from Roozens, p/u a couple of percula's and a firefish for my office 10g.

THEY Have in stock a ton of new BULKHEADS for those who where looking earlier. 3/4", 1", 1 1/2" for reasonable.

I got a 3/4" Bulkhead, strainer and outlet adapter to piping in a kit for $7.99.

Howard