Moving Sale Part #2

Guest jonho1998

Guest jonho1998

Ok, per someone's recommendation, I've registered with WAMAS and am listing my things myself. It was getting too confusing and cumbersome keeping track of all the responses.

Following is a description and a list of what remains for sale:

I have a 72 gallon bowfront tank on a stand. Lighting is 220 watts of compact fluorescent. Half 10k the other half actinic. Running a .25 HP chiller, Eheim pro 2028 and prizm skimmer (red sea?)

LIVEROCK $4/lb

1 large piece (17.2lbs) that has brown xenia(hardy kind), green button polyps, and 1 pacific frilly mushroom. Hair algae comes with it for free.

1 large piece that really doesn't have much on it at all. I think it's closer to 20 lbs, but it's a nice large piece.

Assorted pieces of live rock ranging from 2 - 10 lbs.

LIVESTOCK

1 Atlantic Sailfin Tang ($45) About 5 inches - great shape, eats well and great coloration.

1 Purple Pseudochromis ($13) About 2 inches - also in great shape

1 Purple Lobster ($10) - 2 inches? He's gone MIA so hopefully after selling more rock I can find him again.

1 Blue Damsel - free if you buy anything else or $2 by itself.

I also have a bunch of snails that are kind of like nassarius but not quite. They've been referred to as atlantic mud snails, but typically, those don't do well in warmer water above 70 degrees. These have reproduced and have been kept alive for over 1 year so I feel they've been acclimated properly. They are fantastic scavengers and vacuum clean the substrate like crazy. They burrow in the sand and come up when they sense any food.

snails - 15 cents a piece or 8 for $1. I have about 25 left.

The following items may be available tomorrow if they aren't purchased today.

1 Diamond Shrimp Goby ($15) - 5 inches. white and olive vertical bars; entire body and head with pink freckles

1 Brittle star (brownish red) $8 - pretty large and in excellent condition

1 purple brittle star ($5) - only about 2.5 inches diameter; 2 tips of arms have been nipped - most likely by my now missing purple lobster

1 green serpent star (non-aggressive) - $8 - only about 2.5 inches. Missing one arm but has always regenerated its arms.

The best way to get a hold of me is through my cell phone at 703-929-0549. Otherwise, you can contact me through this forum. I will only reserve items for those coming that same day. I will confirm that I still have the items that morning so you don't waste a trip.

My address is:

11743 Ledura Ct, T3

Reston, VA 20191

Thanks for reading my post and I'm glad I've joined the WAMAS community!

Guest jonho1998

LIVE ROCK HAS BEEN REDUCED:

Now $3.50/lb instead of $4/lb.

I have 4 large, display quality pieces. Would cost you $8-$9 in a LFS.

I also have 30-40 lbs of live sand that you can have with any rock purchase.

The only live things I have left are the blue damsel(free to a good home) and a purple pseudochromis. Also have maybe 20 snails left.

703-929-0549.

If you buy ALL of the rock I can do it for $3/lb. There's got to be at least 40 lbs in there - but you must buy ALL of it for that price - you could put it in your tank and resell it for more.

I got one of the big pieces of LR from Jon that was covered with some nasty hair algea. After 5 days in my tank, my Yellow Tang took care of the problem. The rock looks amazing now!!! It has a nice colony of some kind mushroom polyp which is recovering nicely. If you're looking for some nice cured LR, and have a hungry Yellow Tang, I recommend Jon's LR. I'll post some pics, and maybe someone can id the polyps.

Guest jonho1998

The hair algae isn't too bad. Dave took what probably was the worst piece.

Right now the best piece in the tank only has about 1/8th of it covered and that's where the xenia and polyps are too.

I give a good sized tang 5 days to clean it up. I spoiled my sailfin tang with nori and shrimp so he/she probably felt the hair algae was junk food and rarely touched it.

In a tank with the proper water and light conditions, the hair algae should not spread. The bulbs in my tank need to be replaced and my water was most likely very high in nutrients.

Guest jonho1998

On a side note, what does the pod underneath everyone's id mean? How do I get more pods?

Do I have to be a paying member or something or do people have to confirm me or something?

"Pod" is an indicator of how many posts you replied to. As you reply to more posts, your designation will change.

Guest jonho1998

darn, that's rough. I'm just a copepod?

That's the absolute lowest on the food chain. I'd rather be an aipstasia.

We could start at phyto plankton- AT least as a Pod you are above that. - but I am not sure about all this master reefer stuff just because you have x number of posts- I am still knuckling my way through the ever changing mixed reef curves ---

Guest lfjewett

I'm new! ( hello everyone ) And want to start my first tank. Do you still have the tank / lights for sale? If so how much are you asking?

Thanks

Louis.

Guest jonho1998

Everything has been sold off. Ended up being over 100 lbs of rock so it went for $2.50/lb - a steal.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and helped me out. Only took 2 weeks to get rid of it all.

I'm keeping the tank and stand for my new place. Time to progres to the next level in reef aquarium keeping.