Help! Time sensitive

SunWyrm

(edited)

Just moved to 90g,fish looked great earlier, now one is dead, and 2 are up at the top of the tank and it looks like they have labored breathing -- Did not seem to be that stressed when put in earlier, nitrates and ammonia are 0. pH is still good, any other ideas?

temps good, pH did shift 2 points during the course of the day up to from 7.8 to 8.0, salinity is 1.025.

Edited by YiatzOfEden

(edited)

all the power heads are on and going good, added another carbon filter that has aeration and nano powerhead thats pointed at the surface...also added stress coat. Found Picasso, laying at the bottom of the tank breathing hard :(

I am using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AIFX4K to move water along with 2 nano's.

Edited by YiatzOfEden

what was in the 90g before, what did you clean it with....

if you have any polypad that stuff can be a life saver.

hope things get better fast

(edited)

Fresh water planted tank, rinsed it out -- just used water.

Don't have polypad, wish I did -- moved picasso to a 5 gal bucket filled with 3 gallons of new water, heater and pump.

In the process of trying to get my occ out and in the bucket as well.

Edited by YiatzOfEden

(edited)

Picasso is now breathing better in the bucket, got the occ (...already lost my six line (My first fish). No chance of getting my blennies, just have to hope they make it through this :(

Edited by YiatzOfEden

Picasso is now breathing better in the bucket, got the occ (...already lost my six line (My first fish). No chance of getting my blennies, just have to hope they make it through this :(

Just wanted to say sorry about how retarded this might have looked, she was busy taking care of the fish so I took over asking the questions when I know absolutely nothing about fish lol. I had no idea how to spell anything :(

- Husband

P.S. thanks for the quick replies, she's guessing its the o2 since everything else looks good, but now shes debating whether she should put them back in before she gets the sump up and running (just missing the overflow box)

i have a spare used overflow you can have til you get a better one. LMk b/c i'll have to sort through the garage to find it.

best of luck.

Sean

Thanks Sean, I really appreciate it.

I found the scooter dead this morning. I feel so selfish for not tearing the rockwork apart to get to them.

I don't know why the oxygen levels didn't occur to me before I set everything up. Everything looked amazing and happy. My corals have never looked better. It looks like my fish have payed the price though. Even the tiniest micro brittle stars seem to be struggling this morning. My bristleworms were out in force last night, probably just looking for air. On a lighter note my asterinas were happily munching on my zoas this morning cry.gif At least they seem unfazed.

My husband made me feel better by telling me my six line sacrificed himself to save the clowns lol. Which if I hadn't noticed his body, I probably wouldn't have looked over anything else last night. I don't think I'll find a better six line. I loved my fish and this morning I'm pretty heartbroken and if it wasn't for my clowns I'd throw in the towel.

-Update- I found the lawnmower! He's still breathing heavy but better. Tried catching him but to no avail.

Is this a good deal on an overflow box? I can't find any reviews on it but the auto start/stop seems to be a nice feature and I can get it Tues through amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Overflow-Start-Hosing-incl/dp/B002LYTE4Q/ref=pd_sbs_k_2

Thanks for all your help guys,

Marisa