Looking to have a sump built

ireland

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tburrs

You have any luck? I need to do the same and am looking for ideas. All the pre-fab sumps are around $200, which seems sooo high. Let me know. Thanks!

I'm having glasscages.com build me a sump. They charge for the tank and then $15 per baffle and $20 per hole. (right now anyway...)

• 2 weeks later...

I just built a couple of things out of acrylic and would be more than happy to show you how to do it or build it for you for a small price as long as you supply the materials. It won't look perfect and won't be pretty, but we can custom build it to suit your needs. 1/4" acrylic sheets are sold at Home Depot, but I'm sure you could get sheets for much cheaper online or at a warehouse (maybe even check out an ice rink supplier). Holes, by the way, would be complimentary! Let me know if you want the help in doing it or if you want me to do it myself if you're interested. Or, if you want to come by and cut the pieces and take them off with you, I can help you cut and then show you how to glue. If looks don't matter, I simply used PVC cement and then used acrylic weld to seal it water tight. It's a lot simpler than I thought it would be, especially if it doesn't matter what it looks like.