how would you tell if the green manderins is mating ?

hoppies99

I got a male green manderin in my tank for quite a while now, so yesterday i got a female manderin and put her in with the male. After a while a saw the male was wondering around the female and soon later i saw the male sipping on the backside of the female. I got so scare and I kind of seperate them and I did, but the thing is that when I do that I saw a white stuff comes out of the male mouth. This morning I went on youtube to see how they were mating it kind of look like that, but im not sure if they were mating or the male just bite the female. I also check on the female body this morning i didn't see any mark or wound. Any advices is good right now..... cause i also have another 30 gallons with two seahorse in it, if they're mating i could put them in there.

Ours do a dance around the time the lights go out and flutter at the top of the water coloumn. They kind of wrap around each other and float for a few seconds. We have not collected any eggs yet but that is something that we look forward to doing soon, also with the fingered dragonet.

Ours do a dance around the time the lights go out and flutter at the top of the water coloumn. They kind of wrap around each other and float for a few seconds. We have not collected any eggs yet but that is something that we look forward to doing soon, also with the fingered dragonet.

You should read that article, then. I'm sure that you'd find it fascinating.

Yea I read that one, I think what got me interested in the breading was an article in one of our mags we get a few months back with some great pics and info. I am going to sit by the tank tonight and see what happens. I don't know if I will be able to order a male fingered dragonet though it seems like I can only find females and they even take a while to find. Anyone who sees one for sale please let me know.