Foggy Glass

WaterDog

So I got a perfectly good Red Sea Max 65 Gallon, which was set up yesterday (Thank you Chad!)

All was well...until this morning. I wake up to find that the glass is all fogged up. It's weird though, it's not completely foggy, it's kind of in a pattern. It might be scratches, but I'm iffy to say that since I didn't notice it before it was filled and I've heard glass scratches are so hard to get out. :angry:

I would include pics, but as of now I'm having trouble with the image uploader... :dry:

Host pictures on Photobucket and then copy the IMG link into your post here.

The cloudy stuff could be from the new sand if you used any. The fine particulates are settling out on the glass. A salt mix that hasn't been mixed well can also cause the cloudiness on glass.

Host pictures on Photobucket and then copy the IMG link into your post here.

The cloudy stuff could be from the new sand if you used any. The fine particulates are settling out on the glass. A salt mix that hasn't been mixed well can also cause the cloudiness on glass.

Fogged_LeftPanel.jpg

Fogged_RightPanel.jpg

Fogged_Full.jpg

Got it, thanks.

I just tried cleaning the sides with a razor blade and that got it off. When it came off, it was powdery. The previous owner used kalk, so it could be that, or as Coral Hind said, sand or salt.

Wow, that doesn't look very good! Coral Hind said the same things that I would have thought it to be. Glad to hear that it came off, you should post up some pics after you cleaned it up. I am interested to see what it ended up looking like after the water cleared up (it does look to have cleared up nicely this morning.