Kalk

quazi

I am looking for Kalk again for the first time in years. The last time I bought Ball Pickling Lime. Now they are no longer selling it. So, I do not like Mrs Wages (lots of nasty stuff left over!), and I am not big on spending a bunch @ the LFS (sorry guys.)

Any recommendations? I can get 5 lbs from BulkFoods (http://www.bulkfoods.com/searchnutriresult.asp?sProdID=43304) for $15 delivered. But that is a LOT of kalk. I would rather buy locally. Ideas?

You could split it? Yeah, I know a PITA.

Last couple times I've used Filter Fine. He's moving/moved not certain how far along the "ready" trail. It's local & affordable. I hear PetLand Carries his products.

There's always Bulk Reef Supply.

I'm the same, it's too much of a PITA to drive & fetch kalk (never seem to have the time) and I don't need 4.2 gagillion pounds.

Erik.

I received a $5 off coupon @ BRS today, so I ordered it there based on your fine suggestion. It was just $2.29 (I am a preferred member)! Of course the $9.00 shipping was tough, but easier than running around everywhere for it.

THANKS!

Mike

I received a $5 off coupon @ BRS today, so I ordered it there based on your fine suggestion. It was just $2.29 (I am a preferred member)! Of course the $9.00 shipping was tough, but easier than running around everywhere for it.

Don't blame me, ain't my fault :laugh: But given the traffic in this area it's a royal pain to be driving to fetch some supplies..............don't even get me started on 200g salt boxes - that I'll gladly pay the $8.99 to have delivered to my door.

Edited by ErikS

Steve,

BRK was the first on the local list. They have virtually everything for good prices. I wish F&F had such an extensive inventory of hardware and supplies. However, they are a 45 minutes drive from me, and with Christmas, it is just too much. I need a pH monitor, so I may trundle over there post Christmas to pick one up vs online.

I like Johnny, Oz and the gang. They are great people running a great business!