Watchman Goby Acting Odd

JpNuss

I have had my Yellow Watchman for a few months now and have never seen this behavior. Usually, a full day, for him, consists of watching out for predators while the Pistol Shrimp works on the burrows. But, this morning, he is swimming strongly against the current at the top of the tank. Is this strange behavior for a Watchman? Is he dying? Is he trying to view his surroundings?

If anybody has an ideas or experience with something like this, I would love to hear from you.

I read that fish swiming in the current is looking for more oxygen. THis may be a sign of some sort of parasite on his gills. Is he breathing real fast too?

I had the same problem about 2 months back. I have no idea what happened - it's like the goby had a deathwish.

2 times he got sucked through the overflow and ended up in the wet/dry. I put him back, he would stay down for awhile, then start swimming against the current at the top again.

I even put him in the refugium for a week so he could take it easy, and heal if he was injured from going into the filer.

After the last time I put him back in the d/t he has disapeared - haven't seen him 2 months, so I'm assuming he died. At least the last time he didn't end up in the filter.

Very strange behavior though. If anyone figures it out, or has any other insights, let me know. I want to get another one, but I am hesitant.