The toadstool recovered

SeanH

Had an aiptasia show up on the stalk of my toadstool. Put some peppermint shrimps in to deal with the incursion. The shrimps are the aiptasia overnight. That was 2 weeks ago. Finally the toadstool polyps started poking out yesterday eve. Glad I'm so patient - I thought they were toast but gave them a chance since decay was not evident.

Had an aiptasia show up on the stalk of my toadstool. Put some peppermint shrimps in to deal with the incursion. The shrimps are the aiptasia overnight. That was 2 weeks ago. Finally the toadstool polyps started poking out yesterday eve. Glad I'm so patient - I thought they were toast but gave them a chance since decay was not evident.

Yes, mine is recovering from "My neglect". Algae, aptasia, low-ph, hyper salinity... No polyps showing for weeks. Slowly improving environment thru water changes, GFO, new lights... Now it's growing a 2nd foot & I can see where it "plans" on dividing. Resilient critter.

Edited by Larry Grenier

Larry, Do they divide or just grow an offshoot?

Maybe mine does this as a "survival" reaction, it thinks I'm going to kill it.

1st the top split so I cut-off the dangling participle, glued it to a stone, and now it is a healthy 2nd creature. Now the original is extending a 2nd foot and the top looks like it's dividing. so I'll soon have another. Yes, I know I need to get my camera out if I can find it.

Edited by Larry Grenier