DT's 120 Gallon Junk Tank

dtpollard

I am new here and thought I would start a tank thread to introduce myself. I have been a reef keeper for over 15 years and I still have some of my original corals that came with my first tank. This 120 is relatively new; I have not finished glueing in everything yet. I am still in that make sure the most important things are happy first stage. I call this my 120 Junk tank because almost everything in this and includeing the tank was used. I put it all together from multiple sources. So here goes. I hope you enjoy these pics and I am excited to be here.

plumbinginside1.jpg

plumbing1back.jpg

backwall1.jpg

progress1.jpg

Welcome to WAMAS!

Nice rockwork, it looks like you have been around a bit. It may be used, but you have polished it up very nicely. Simple and nicely robust. And that is a rocking big skimmer!

Edited by Chad

Thanks Reefs. This has been up for like 7 months or so with stuff in it. Just getting outta the HA stage and looking presentable. It ran for another 3-4 months before that while I was making sure that foam rock was fully cured. I am always skeptical of something new. Alot of the corals came out of my 75 gallon reef that I had for 15 years or so.

Thanks Chad. I have been around a while. I am very actice in my cloest local club and another member there turned me on to WAMAS (lhcorals).

It was my first attempt at the foam wall and it was easy, cheap, and fun. Overall I am happy with how that turned out.

I love that skimmer. That thing is a beast. It is a Reeflo Orca 200 w/ Super Dart Gold pump. It has a modded collection cup, that added an extra foot to the overall height from the factory unit.