Aquarium toolbox

zygote2k

something to think about carrying test kits sideways in a hard case-

I had 3 kits in a Pelican 1200 and carried it and other supplies in a 5 gallon bucket.

Over the course of a few weeks, I noticed that the Salifert vials don't close tight enough or have waterproof caps to prevent leaking of liquid reagents. Since the liquid leaks, the dry reagents don't seal tight enough either and soak up available moisture resulting in clumping. The new kit in the 1440 remains upright to prevent leakage.

something to think about carrying test kits sideways in a hard case-

I had 3 kits in a Pelican 1200 and carried it and other supplies in a 5 gallon bucket.

Over the course of a few weeks, I noticed that the Salifert vials don't close tight enough or have waterproof caps to prevent leaking of liquid reagents. Since the liquid leaks, the dry reagents don't seal tight enough either and soak up available moisture resulting in clumping. The new kit in the 1440 remains upright to prevent leakage.

Very good point. Looks like I am scrapping building that test kit holder. Thanks for all your help and imput.

On a side note. Would you mind me contacting you from a business standpoint? I am in the disaster response/recovery business and we use pelican cases for custom built mobile networks, communications systems and RFID equipment. We have a need for custom built inserts to protect our equipment. Not sure if you work on a smaller scale.