fish room ideas

roni

so my ever tolerant wife has given the go ahead on a basement fish room. the plan is to have a drain in the center, a sink, and dedicated electric. the 180 will go down there as a quarantine/fattening up tank for fish with a 150 rubbermaid with live rock and a frag tank also there. trying to figure out how people have dealt with humidity. i have a pretty nice dehumidifier i used in past but not sure if it will be up to snuff.

any thing i'm overlooking? any body have any other ideas of things they'd do?

Roni,

Look into heat recovery ventilators (HRV) for the room. It will exchange air with the outside but also transfer the room's heat to the incoming air at the same time, making them really useful in the winter when evaporation & humidity are typically highest.

looked up the cost...looks like it's 2000-2500+...unless i'm looking in the wrong place. any recommendations?

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=heat+recovery+ventilator&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

I don't know what size you'd need, but fantech makes really nice fans and honeywell is a good brand, so you might keep an eye out for a deal on ebay.

cool, that's not too bad. how tough is installation? a general contractor shouldn't have any trouble getting it hooked up if i buy it, correct?

cool, that's not too bad. how tough is installation? a general contractor shouldn't have any trouble getting it hooked up if i buy it, correct?

Not at all. However not how I would do it.

Edited by CHUBAKAH