Anyone been to "Today's Pet Store"?

treesprite

I went to Francis Scott Key Mall today for the first time in about 18 years, and found this pet store in the mall, called "Today's Pet Store" http://www.todayspetstore.org/marine.html . I was very surprised to see all the saltwater tanks... and corals! The salt water livestock section is bigger than the saltwater sections in many LFSs. Unfortunately, a lot of tanks were out of livestock, and the big reef tank display was not running. Prices seemed to be on par with other LFSs in this area.

They had some very nice-looking scissortail gobies for a decent price of 19.99. I have not seen them in other shops and have thought about getting one in the past, so I will check to see if they still have one after I move & get settled.

The 2 people who were working were very friendly and easy to talk to, though they could use some more experience with saltwater tanks. The guy Trey has a 150g tank, but wants to learn more about the hobby and wants some ideas for setting up a refugium.... he may be coming around to join us. The owner was not around.

It's a shame I didn't know about this place sooner, before being on the verge of moving twice as far away. Still, I want to go back when the tanks are all stocked, and to get a scissortail goby if there is still one there.

Hey, i go to todays pets close to me which used to be in columbia mall MD but they recently got a bigger location like 10 mins from there. They have a bigger SW section and great service.

Hey, i go to todays pets close to me which used to be in columbia mall MD but they recently got a bigger location like 10 mins from there. They have a bigger SW section and great service.

It is not the same owner. The owner of that shop used to be partners with the owner of the Frederick shop, but they split up - each shop is completely independently owned .

I sent an e-mail and asked the to let me know when the sw section is more fully stocked

I got a red firefish from there a few weeks ago, it's been nice and healthy. The stock was pretty thin when I stopped by, of coarse they said "our shipment didn't come this week"... I thought the prices were decent though.