Petco $1/gallon Sale

Hoyden

Looks like Petco is running their $1/gallon aquarium sale again from Aug 29-Sept 18. This is a great deal. I picked up a 40B, 20L and 10 just in case last time they had this sale.

LOL. I used to hoard tanks too, but now I just break them.

Some uses for tanks for which you have no immediate use:

- practice drilling

- take apart and use the glass for overflows or baffles, or just to practice glass-cutting skills

- use as a container for miscellaneous PVC, supplies, hoses, or other aquarium junk

- stack them one inside of the other so they'll fit in the closet, THEN put the extra PVC parts and other junk inside of the smallest one, or in between the space that is left after the smallest one is inside the next-to-smallest one

- make a xenia or feather duster refugium

- use small one inside of bigger one so you won't have to install baffles for a sump

- turn little one upside down in the sump to use as a protein skimmer stand

- use to mix water if large enough

The only one of those I have not done with extra tank(s) is make a feather duster refugium....

Okay, the worst part is that I am planning to pick up a spare 20H if I can find a petco that has one in stock - and there will be nothing smaller than a 40B in the new system... It will only have a 120, a 210, a 75, a 40B and a 150 rubbermaid sump.

Lots of water. How many of those are display tanks?