I'd like your thoughts

Jan

I got a dendrophylia from another member. It wasn't opening for him so I thought I'd give it a try. I've had it in a tank with similar corals for over a month. All the corals in that tank have great polyp entension especially when I feed. This coral just swells up when I feed the tank. There's never any polyp extension. I was wondering if this could be another type of dendro. It's yellow with an orange center. I have 1 large colony of sun coral and 1 tiny colony of dendros. It looks like both in color; yellow and orange. Has anyone experienced something similar. Params on that tank are text book, within normal limits.

I don't have any dendros, but have had sun corals and do have other LPS that won't open unless there is food floating around. Are you target feeding it with plankton-like foods? They might need some coaxing to open up.

(edited)

It's the small one on the bottom right

med_gallery_2631914_809_328076.jpg

some pics of the coral in question would help i'm sure. smile.gif

My sun and dendro open day and night. That tank is fed constantly because of the carnation and chili corals. They need tons of food all day long. There's no need to spot feed anything, but yes I have tried spot feeding too and nothing. It just inflates. No polyp extension.

I don't have any dendros, but have had sun corals and do have other LPS that won't open unless there is food floating around. Are you target feeding it with plankton-like foods? They might need some coaxing to open up.

Yes. I feed day and night and observed it for days under both situations and nothing. It just inflates when there's food in the tank.

Have you observed the tank at night to see if the polyps are coming out then?

Edited by Jan

I'm very proud to say that it issmile.gif. It's even grown another little bazooka.

Doesn't sound like Bazooka........ Is Bazooka still firing? :-)