3 gallon and .75 gallon double post

Guest cjm033

Guest cjm033

heres pic of my 3 gallon shroom only tank, all the shrooms i got this weekend at the meet except the green one on the rocks. the tank is lit by 1 t-5 65 k and 1 13 watt 50/50 . the filters got everything taken out and i added chaeto i got from i think it was tang away (thanks) and i got about a lb of rubble which is reg size piece for this tank lol from reverai (sp?) (thanks). anyways here the pics of the tank now with a bit of diatoms cuz its new and the filter

tank

3galshrooms.jpg

filter

3galfugefilter.jpg

this is my .75 (yes 3/4 of a gallon) with clam,monti, and new acans (thanks david) theres also zoos,candycane, a favities and some other stuff in there. its lit by a 13 watt 50/50 (soon to be actinic) and a 7 watt 72 k (mite change to a 2nd 13 watt) and the filter has lr rubble n chaeto in it. ne who heres the pic i know ya wanna see

acan.jpg

tell me what ya think of both of em, any questions or comments are welcome.

-Chris

Now that's really small. I had one of those 2.5 gal nanos. I wonder what is the smallest tank available. I think I saw a .25 gal tank once.

Guest reverai
heres pic of my 3 gallon shroom only tank, all the shrooms i got this weekend at the meet except the green one on the rocks. the tank is lit by 1 t-5 65 k and 1 13 watt 50/50 . the filters got everything taken out and i added chaeto i got from i think it was tang away (thanks) and i got about a lb of rubble which is reg size piece for this tank lol from reverai (sp?) (thanks). anyways here the pics of the tank now with a bit of diatoms cuz its new and the filter

tank

3galshrooms.jpg

filter

3galfugefilter.jpg

this is my .75 (yes 3/4 of a gallon) with clam,monti, and new acans (thanks david) theres also zoos,candycane, a favities and some other stuff in there. its lit by a 13 watt 50/50 (soon to be actinic) and a 7 watt 72 k (mite change to a 2nd 13 watt) and the filter has lr rubble n chaeto in it. ne who heres the pic i know ya wanna see

acan.jpg

tell me what ya think of both of em, any questions or comments are welcome.

-Chris

26921[/snapback]

Yes, very nice indeed!

Steve

Chris,

Quite impressive sir!

Luke, a guy in my office has one of those little shrimp enclosed tanks that look like a globe. It's the size of a baseball and has these small pods running around.

Howard

Guest cjm033

thanks for all the kind coments. ive seen those tank howard there not too cheap if i recall (around $100-$150) if i rmeber correctly for one of those things. id like to set one of those up as a reef, im guessing theyd be hard to aquascape.

Guest D33rex

That is rediculously small....and cool. I recognize those candy canes, and the zoos you traded me for em, theyre nice.

Guest cjm033

thanks, i really like the candy cane i got its a different color i dotn see too often.

Most cool- You have had this going a while- like the idea of putting cheato in the back- I will have to try that in my Nano- You have made it into a labor, though simple with those volumes- your water change shedule to keep the Calcium alk and all up for those calcium loving creatures?

Regards,

Lee

Guest mightymouse

what are you gonna do with the clam when it gets bigger?

The tanks look great!! Where did you get the orange zoos? I am in the nano reef build off and I am making the tank a zoo and ric tank. Once again tanks look great.

Brian

Guest cjm033

i do w/c and dose calc and alk 2 times a week. im getn a 40 breeder in april for my bday i will probly put the clam in there. and i got the zoos from someone in the club, if you want i can frag some for you in a month probly because i just fraged them lats week.

Guest clownfish4

What kind of evaporation do you have on the tank? I imagine it would be pretty large comparetively.

Guest cjm033

theres not much evaporation at all because the tank is covered, i only top of 2-3 times a week.

Guest clownfish4

Oh, that's pretty sweet. It is a beautiful tank, keep up the good work.

Guest cjm033

thanks for the comments. last night my 7 watt went out and broke. tonight i went to check on my tank and my purple acan has started tissue recession. i know its not water quality or anything because i did a w/c yesterday with nsw that was at the same temp as my tank. im gonna keep feediong it and see how it doe sover the next few days. hopefully it pulls through. the miscromussa is doing awesome tho, its even grown a little bit from what i see. anyone have any hints to help save my acan? im really worried, its a nice lookin coral and it wasnt cheap. anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

-Chris