3 gal eclipse project

Guest cjm033

Guest cjm033

this is my 3 gallon eclipse i started the cycle with 2 itty pieces of lr and water from a previous tank, and some sand from another tank, im geting some lr tonight and im gonna cycle with bio spira (suppose to instantly cycle a tank in days) so itll be ready for the frag swap. its been running with sand and water for about a week n a half. tell me what ya think . i also retrod a 13 watt 50/50 pc into the hood and the tank came with one i think 8 or 9 watt t-5 65 k. tell me what ya think. its gonna be an all shroom,and ric tank with maybe a small clown goby unless i can find a mantis.

-Chris

light on

3gal004.jpg

light off

3gal001.jpg

hood

lights004.jpg

hood bright

lights005.jpg

light off

lights003.jpg

Wow, you sure went all out on the the LR. LOL Humor aside looking good far so, you are going to have to let us know how the cycling goes. Are you planning on using fresh LR or something that has cured previously in another tank?

Later

Paul

Guest cjm033

im using cured rock from another tank, and im gonna buy some pre cured from the lfs. then im going to try the bio spira to "instantly" cycle the tank. but ill be adding th ebio spira and 2-3 lbs of cured rock tonight.

-Chris

Guest cjm033

i added live rock tonight around 2-3 lbs

full tank

3gal005.jpg

full tank with just 50/50

3gal008.jpg

live rock arrangement

3gal010.jpg

Guest reverai
i added live rock tonight around 2-3 lbs

full tank

3gal005.jpg

full tank with just 50/50

3gal008.jpg

live rock arrangement

3gal010.jpg

26663[/snapback]

You perhaps should add some cheato macro algae to add a little color and to help the water parms too. It will help keep down the other kind of algae.

Steve

Guest cjm033

yeah, i was planning on finding some chaeto at the frag swap and adding it to the filter area and takin the bio wheel and filter cartrige.

Guest reverai
yeah, i was planning on finding some chaeto at the frag swap and adding it to the filter area and takin the bio wheel and filter cartrige.

26698[/snapback]

Actually the cheato would do best in the main tank area right behind the live rock. I had a 6 gallon eclipse tank where I did just that and it looked fine! It gives the pods places to hide and that tank never had an algae problem.

Steve

Guest cjm033

ill probly try both, in the tank behind the rock and in the filter and see what does better. thanks for the hint.

-Chris