ROOZENS

trockafella

going to a lfs for info is like going to a used car salemen for info on the car on the lot.....

This place has the best selection and prices on fish......period.....

Wish they had prices printed....

GOT a lookdown for 40 bucks last year......

Go when it rains last time I was there water was running into the tanks.. they had great live rock rumble though all the dead corals on shipping... anyway always do you research before buying... lfs can't remeber everything!

As others have stated, I think the key with Roozen's is to do your research before going. Probably a disaster waiting to happen for someone who is setting up their first reef tank, but I think the store is great for finding "diamonds in the rough." I remember the first time I went in there with my girlfriend. She couldn't understand why I was freaking out that they had 10 blue-spotted jawfish, flame wrasse pairs, rhomboid and lineatus wrasses, etc. in tanks filled with empty shells, a spaghetti maze of bristle worms, and aiptasia the size of my hand. I kept telling her it was like fish store bizarro-world.

If you go in there with the expectation of not-so-friendly customer service, you can sometimes find some great deals. I've gotten $6 sexy shrimp and 5 heads of branching dendro at $10 a head from them. Jos actually also knows a lot, he just doesn't always offer his opinion. I once asked him about pistol shrimp bulldozing the bottom of my tank. He took a few minutes and explained how one kind would wreak havoc, creating huge mounds and long tunnels, while another kind would just make one little burrow. He even showed me the tunnel(s) of each on the undersides of the tank. If you take the time to look, they have some very unique and rare stuff. All sorts of tiny trimma and eviota gobies, emperor shrimp, pederson cleaner shrimp, etc.

At the same time, he's quoted run-of-the mill crocea clams at $130 and half-dead wellso's at $100. Sometimes I leave disappointed, and sometimes I leave very happy.