150gpd membrane question

El Camaron

so i upgraded my RO system to the extra ro membrane and was wondering if anyone has experienced a decrease in life span from their RO membrane by doing this? The persons statement said that If you have less than a 4:1 ration of waste water to purified water on your system, you risk the premature buildup of scale in the membrane, or ruining the membrane due to fouling, is this correct?

It came to my sttention on another site about a flow restrictor, should i be using one?

the RO system i have is the 5 stage plus from BRS and i bought their 150gpd upgrade kit.

You must use a flow restrictor or the water will bypass the membrane and not be pushed through it. If you changed the size or GPD of your membrane you should have changed the flow restrictor too as they are normally size to match the membrane.

What Dave said. I know AWI's 150gpd membrane comes w/ the new flow restrictor. From I've heard, the 150gpd is more critical to have high water pressure than with the 75. You need to be closer to 50psi.