NEW NANOCUBE

bededog

Just thought I would post this here just in case anyone might be interested.  I think I will be buying one of these for my office.  Should be much better than the first one.  I have attached the email I got from JBJ today:

Hello Matt,

Our new 12 g Deluxe Nano Cube will be released in the middle of September.

It will have the following upgrades:

(2) 24 Watt CF lamps

(2) Built-In Cooling Fans

Remote Electronic Ballast w/disconnect cable

Redesigned Filtration compartment w/ better surface skimming

Return flow nozzle

The MSRP is $159.99

Guest reverai

They didn't mention they are also coming out with a larger Nano Cube as well. A friend of mine who ia deal back in the BCalif Bay Area was shown some pictures of them in the info JBJ sent last month.

Steve

Way cool- looks like they are making the mods that most of us have manually added to our nano cubes. I still can't get my surface skimming just right- but I did add a beefed up pump and anothre 24 watts of PC- I really enjoy that little cube.

Guest reverai

The JBJ web site was updated yesterday with all the new info about the new Cubes.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Now folks, take this with a grain of salt, but a guy at Wally's said that JBJ was recalling it's Nano's units (older) for electrical failures with wiring getting salt corrosion.

Anyone here of this? I went to the website and saw nothing mentioned.

Was funny that they would say this and they are a carrier of these units?

Howard

I have a friend in my office who had a ballast go out on the old Nano and JBJ is sending a replacement ballast to him.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest reverai

My ballast failed as well but it wasn't because of salt corrosion. I'd guess it was heat related as it would get over 130 degrees up neat the top the hood. I upgradef the lights and made sure both ballasts are outside the tank like the original should have been.

I've been told by JBJ that the new Nano Cube Deluxe should be in stores the first week of next month. I hadn't know the hood is made some place else than the tank. That seems caused all sorts of problems when it comes to shipping dates as the tanks have been ready for some time but the hoods hadn't been and seemingly still aren't!. Some places in CA seem to have the Nano Cube Deluxe as well as the stock Nano Cube with the new ballasts and two fans according to some posts on othwe web sites. The 24 gallon Nano Cube is the one I'll be waiting for and it's suppose to come out in mid Nov according to JBJ. I'm not sure what to say about what you heard at Wally's. I know Wally's is one of the biggest retailers of the Nano Cubes in this area according to JBJ...

Steve

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dmartin72

Ballast problems shouldn't be a problem this time around because the deluxe model is equipped with a remote electronic ballast and two fans. I ordered two that should be arriving tomorrow. Any suggested mods and why?

David