BRS 2 Part Doser ANY GOOD?

sen5241b

(edited)

I need to dose cal and alk. Will this work for me? If you watch the video, it looks very good. Anybody got this or similar?

BRS 2 Part Doser

Noob question: what is a 'two part' doser?

Edited by sen5241b

The "two part doser" is marketted to dose BRS's own two-part solution (i.e. calcium part and buffer/pH part). It's a dosing pump that can be used for just about anything.

That said, I have used similar dosing pumps and didn't care for the reliability of the cheap ones. The one I had eventually broke the motor spindle-to-roller connection which left the motor turning and doing nothing after only a bit more than a year of functioning.

When dosing Kalk, the best way to do thing is to push RO water into the Kalk solution in a reactor (which is sealed) which in turn pushes kalk into the tank. For that, the aqualifter pumps are the best I've used, especially because they're only $10 each. They work on a diaphram pump system which means that ideally, you shouldn't expose the rubber to high pH solutions, but at $10 each, you can use up 1 per year and not hit the price point of the dosing pump for a decade. You can put a John Guest fitting valve on the output of the aqualifter to control the flow.

I need to dose cal and alk. Will this work for me? If you watch the video, it looks very good. Anybody got this or similar?

BRS 2 Part Doser

Noob question: what is a 'two part' doser?

I had 2 of them. They are worth every penny. I've never seen a bad review of them either.

I use them to dose cal and alk and I've never had a problem with them. After almost a year of use they were still dosing the 1.1 ml they advertise after testing them last week. Great dosers IMO. I also use their similar 50 ml/min top off pump.

No you can't mix them. If you're interested in only using one you could use one of the all in one cal and alk products that are out on the market. I don't have any experience with them though.

No you can't mix them. If you're interested in only using one you could use one of the all in one cal and alk products that are out on the market. I don't have any experience with them though.

Interesting. What happens if you do mix them? (I gotta ask).