Beautiful Product.... Install Directions not so much

Novi

Ok I am confused as can be...... I got the Typhoon Extreme III and the Booster Pump System.

I have the Typhoon mounted to the wall right by my sink. Now I see that the line coming in from the sink goes into the 1st chamber. After that I have no clue how it routes??? At what point and how do you tie in the booster pump? What do I do with the sediment filter? Is that what replaces the membrane uptop or is it completely seperate??

Also the pressure gauge.... does that get plumbed right after the booster pump? It has a T-Fitting so where does it go after in goes thru the guage?

I apologize for not being able to figure this out on my own, it just looks like Greek to me......

I'm attaching pics so if anyone can mark these up in paint or photoshop just showing how this thing gets plumbed I would so very much appreciate it!!!!

100_0031.jpg

100_0032.jpg

100_0033.jpg

It goes out from the sink, into the sediment filter, into the booster pump, then into the RO unit.

Hey Brian thanks man!! So right after the Booster pump it goes into the gauge, then from the gauge into the RO Unit or gauge last?

Hey Brian thanks man!! So right after the Booster pump it goes into the gauge, then from the gauge into the RO Unit or gauge last?

depends on what you want to measure with the gauge. place the gauge b/t the sink & the pump to measure your faucet pressure, between the pump and the RO unit to measure the pump output pressure (this is where I have mine). I place it after the pump and before the RO so when I adjust the booster pump I don't exceed the 75psi max pressure for the membrane.

I can't get the Booster Pump to stop being intermitent. I am trying to adjust it with the provided allen key but its just jumping all over the place and shuts off and starts on intermitently.

Dunno.... How can I stabalize it? I have it hooked up per your direction Brian.

May we assume you have low water pressure? If you have normal city water, the booster pump is likely to get up to pressure and shut off very quickly. I have very low water pressure - so mine runs almost all the time (when I have it turned on). Doesn't that model come with a DI filter as well?? On mine, it 'clips' onto the RO filter.

bob

I have Well Water so the pressure sucks...lol

Anyways it is doing its thing.... My PPM Waste Water is 311. My RO/DI Water is 000 PPM. It is a SLOOOOOOOOOW drip stream though!!! It is gonna take all weekend to fill my tank/sump :eek:

I can't get the Booster Pump to stop being intermitent. I am trying to adjust it with the provided allen key but its just jumping all over the place and shuts off and starts on intermitently.

Dunno.... How can I stabalize it? I have it hooked up per your direction Brian.

Keep on turning the Allen screw down if your pressure isn't at what you want it to be. If it is and it is still doing the intermittent on/off, try adjusting the chrome screw on the control valve. It should be tightened down all the way. Make sure that it is. If it is, then loosen it a little bit. Try adjusting the Allen screw while doing this as well. It does take a little tinkering to get it where you want it.

The chrome screw is the one you'll need to adjust to get the output pressure where you want it. screw it down (turn to right) to make the output pressure higher, screw out (turn to left) to make the output pressure lower. If you set the output pressure at 75psi, then you shouldn't have it cycling as you're describing.

It should be coming out as a slow stream rather than a drip. At 50psi and 70 deg F, the system should be producing about 75 gpd - or approximately 3 gal/hr. If you're getting a lot less than that (it sounds like you are) then something isn't right.