Frag tank lighting

Stu

After putting it off for too long, I am ready to install some lighting and get my little frag tank going. Here are some pics from the tank build:

gallery_2631560_644_301065.jpg

gallery_2631560_644_1082844.jpg

I have an IceCap 660 that I will be using to light it. Currently I have 6 20" t5s over my display in a Nova Extreme Pro. It provides plenty of light and I am getting really good color and growth now that the tank's been up for a few months. I am wondering how many t5s I should put over the frag tank. Because it's tight quarters, I'm going to have to go with the 20" bulbs. I am thinking 3 bulbs, 2 actinics and 1 10k with a reflector. The lamps will only be about 5" above the tank and I'm thinking I can use screen to shade LPS, softies, etc. if it's too intense.

Will this be enough lighting or do I need to go with more bulbs?

How wide and deep is the tank? It looks like three would be over kill. One may actually be enough since it looks very shallow.

It's about 7" x 7".

7x7 with a 20" bulb??

Ive seen small T5 pendants before, but cant find it now for the life of me. They looked to be about 1/4 the length of your typical T5 bulb.

Im about to setup a 16x16x8 frag tank and will prolly use a 250W MH Pendant. Or whatever I can find used for cheap :)

7x7 with a 20" bulb??

Ive seen small T5 pendants before, but cant find it now for the life of me. They looked to be about 1/4 the length of your typical T5 bulb.

Im about to setup a 16x16x8 frag tank and will prolly use a 250W MH Pendant. Or whatever I can find used for cheap :)

The tank is 7" x 7" x ~20". I'm just going to use the same bulbs that are in my light fixture:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=c...&sa=title#p

I'm retrofitting, not looking for a fixture. Current USA is unfortunately the only manufacturer that makes this size bulbs, and 24" bulbs won't fit under there. I have still gotten really good color and growth with them though. I don't want to do a mh because it will create a furnace in my stand.

Bare bottom with an eggcrate rack? Corals will probably only be 5" below the water's surface. I would try just two bulbs and adjust the photo period.

For sure bare bottom and I may make an acrylic rack secured with magnets, just for maintenance sake. I guess 2 bulbs would be good with maybe a 10hr. actinic and 7 hour 10k photoperiod.