what do I do about this?

treesprite

Corals overgrowing each other:

a766fbb5.jpg

(green monti got really brown when I couldn't get a water change done)

Should I expect one of these to kill the other with chemicals or stings, or will it just be that the faster grower steals the slower one's light? The orange is the one doing the overlapping, and is the faster grower

Mine kinda stop where they meet and then grow upwards and away from each other. Looks neat where i have a purple, green and orange Monti coming together.

Something is definitely killing the corals there (the red seems to be outcompeting the other) and aggressively as well. Shading will not do what you have evidence of. I would actually frag them so that they're not touching any longer, seems like the brown/green is RTNing because of the contact, or at least has been eaten by the other.

Something is definitely killing the corals there (the red seems to be outcompeting the other) and aggressively as well. Shading will not do what you have evidence of. I would actually frag them so that they're not touching any longer, seems like the brown/green is RTNing because of the contact, or at least has been eaten by the other.

They are both healthy and growing. The browned green monti is encrusting oddly instead of reasonably uniformly, so there is rock showing in between little sections; there is some discolored Aquamend in the lower right corner where the monti grew over it and onto the base of the birdsnest that the Aquamend was holding; the light edges on the orange monti are just new growth.

There may also be some spots where I pulled off little feather dusters that are growing on my corals.