El Camaron's 70 gallon cube upgrade

El Camaron

yeah those fish are pretty sick, lucked out on them for sure.

Thats my secret berry fields, almost died on me but its looking really cool now.

Rb, i am still waiting for the par meter, one of these days ill get it and post the results.

I have a par meter if you want to borrow it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my PAR readings are crazy low but my corals still look crazy nice, for those who have come to see my tank, know how good some of these corals look but i am just amazed that they are thriving in what i thought was insane par levels. Anyways, maybe Robert can shime in on the this but my readings were as follows

Lights

-()-()-----()-()-----()-()

300 Tank top

--------------------------

200 mid Level

100 Bottom

--------------------------

I may lower he lights a bit more and see what happens, i dont know if i need more light or not, like i said, the corals are all doing great and even an acro that i have on the sand is looking amazing.

Those numbers are very consistent with Inline designs due to the parallel arrangement and spacing of the emitters. This design favors even coverage over intensity. Additional arrays could be added to create overlaps, which would raise PAR numbers. However, I don't think it necessary judging from the numbers you are getting when mount height is factored in. If you were to lower the fixture to match previous T5 mount height, the PAR numbers are sure to exceed current numbers as well as the previous T5 setup.

Having said that, I don't think you should be changing anything if your corals are growing and displaying pleasing colors. If you want to up the intensity, you could lower the unit an inch at a time, keeping in mind that intensity changes with height more so than with other forms of lighting (T5, MH).

-Robert

• 2 weeks later...

got a copperbanded butterfly fish, does anyone know how long they take to start eating aiptasia?

I see now why people say if your going to get a powder blue tang add it last, he is sucha bully to new fish is crazy but after the all spent a night togerther they are all friends and swimming all over.