BTA, how soon did you add?

dmward99

Wondering how soon to a tank have some of you added BTA? or any anemonie for that matter.I know they have to be added to established tanks.

Most people on the net say a year. The one year recommendation is just for newbies so they can understand the issues of maintaining a stable tank.

If you currently have experience in keeping a stable reef tank then they can be added once the tank is cycled. Zero NH3 and NO2-.

IMO the whole thing with the recommendtion to only add anemonies to established tanks is more about the stability of the system and knowledge of the reefer keeping the specimen...because although its appealing to a newb reefer to have that clownfish/anemone relationship, most end up killing them because they lack the knowledge and experience..

Most people on the net say a year. The one year recommendation is just for newbies so they can understand the issues of maintaining a stable tank.

If you currently have experience in keeping a stable reef tank then they can be added once the tank is cycled. Zero NH3 and NO2-.

Beat me to it Dave...

My tank has been up since June. Nothing in it really but a pair of clowns and a clean-up crew.I have never kept a reef only fish with live rock,maybe a few zoa,mushrooms,hammer, Xenia, and GSP from time to time.Its a 20 long with a 10 gallon sump,lights are 4X CF bulbs.2X55 and 2X65.Water is fine.Can I pull it off?

Going Thai on us?

Lmao..it took me about 5 seconds to figure out what it said..been here for 17 years, getting a little rusty on the writing..

My tank has been up since June. Nothing in it really but a pair of clowns and a clean-up crew.I have never kept a reef only fish with live rock,maybe a few zoa,mushrooms,hammer, Xenia, and GSP from time to time.Its a 20 long with a 10 gallon sump,lights are 4X CF bulbs.2X55 and 2X65.Water is fine.Can I pull it off?

It sounds like you will be fine if you have been able to keep those corals alive. The BTA is an excellent choice to start with.

How long to keep the lights on for?

ขอโทษ ครับ

บางทีเขาอาจจะอีกครั้งเมื่อคุณสามารถทำให้ข้อความที่มีขนาดใหญ่เลยสักนิด ผมก็ต้องมีเวลาเป็นเรื่องยากที่ดีมากขึ้น

dmward99 - Did you get your BTA yet?

Chewie - I will do that next time! :cheers:

No, not yet, I was just really throwing out the question to hear responses.I am planning on getting a BTA in the very near future but not just yet.I am thinking toward the end of this month early December.This is just part of my research process.I am thankful to all that replied. :clap: .