Hands Down Best Kalk Reactor

reefhunter

I have a 5 year old DIY internal powerhead sealed unit.

I have a union on it so all I do it drain off a tad, mix up a slurry of a weeks worth of kalk and dump it in.

Takes less than a minute to do and because it's sealed, it does not create calcium carbonate inside.

I have retro kits to turn the old models into the new ones. Basically it is just an entire new top housing with sealed motor, cord, etc. Probably your cheapest and easiest solution. Shoot me a email if you need more info.

anyone run the MRC unit with the digital timer??

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=3061

Hey Hunter,

I have that one but in medium, it's online now. Works great, but it's a pain to refill without spilling some water one the floor :). I have to set to mix for 2 minutes every two hours or so, so the water stays pretty saturated.

Hey Glen, Thanks for the info... when you add kalk to the grey seas or the deltec you just get an extra little boost of kalk in the tank rather than a spill...

Hey Glen, Thanks for the info... when you add kalk to the grey seas or the deltec you just get an extra little boost of kalk in the tank rather than a spill...

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, there may be a better way of doing it. I don't need to refill too often so I never really looked into it.

you would think that there is a valve or something to drain a little so you can add some kalk... my sealed GEO made a mess if you dont take water out first... ?

you would think that there is a valve or something to drain a little so you can add some kalk... my sealed GEO made a mess if you dont take water out first... ?

That's whats missing with this setup! I guess I could extend the pump out a little and add a ball valve.