Need Glass baffles Cut?

ebman74

I need glass baffles cut for my 90 gallon sump tank. Does anyone have any experience with local shops? Any recommendations? Contact info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

give this shop a call. i got two 1.5in holes drilled for 20$

Banner Glass Inc

10815 Lee Hwy

Fairfax, VA 22030-4326

(703) 273-9605‎

bannerglass.com

Thanks, I'll give them a call.

The tank is 48"X18"X24". What width should I get the baffles cut to allow room for silicone? Would 1/4" thickness be good? Should I get the edges polished?

Thanks again!

give this shop a call. i got two 1.5in holes drilled for 20$

Banner Glass Inc

10815 Lee Hwy

Fairfax, VA 22030-4326

(703) 273-9605‎

bannerglass.com

You can just go to Manassas Glass. Get them cut 1/8" shorter than the width of your tank. You don't need polished edges, but you want them sanded so you don't get cut. Also, you can get them to round the bottom 2 corners so it goes with the contour of the existing silicone in your tank. 1/4" will be just fine.

Thanks, I'll give them a call.

The tank is 48"X18"X24". What width should I get the baffles cut to allow room for silicone? Would 1/4" thickness be good? Should I get the edges polished?

Thanks again!

i dont think you will need to get it polished. just be careful. i'm assuming you're making a sump?

Thank you all. I am making a sump. The inside measures 17.5 wide so I should get it cut 1/8" shorter to leave room for silicone? Should I get tempered or non-tempered or does it mater? I guess having them sand instead of polish will save money? If they don't round the bottom corners cant I just cut a grove in the silicone that is in the tank and fill it back in once the panel is in place? Thanks again!

i dont think you will need to get it polished. just be careful. i'm assuming you're making a sump?

One more question for you guys...

What size hole do I need them to cut for a 2" bulkhead? It is for a Reeflo Dart to be used as return.

Thanks again!

Thank you all. I am making a sump. The inside measures 17.5 wide so I should get it cut 1/8" shorter to leave room for silicone? Should I get tempered or non-tempered or does it mater? I guess having them sand instead of polish will save money? If they don't round the bottom corners cant I just cut a grove in the silicone that is in the tank and fill it back in once the panel is in place? Thanks again!

I ended up having Banner Glass in Manassas cut my panels and drill my bulkhead hole. I could not be happier with them. I highly recomend them. I did have to supply my whole saw bit for the whole. I believe it is 80 something mm. They have 2" and 4" bits on hand.

Banner Glass

9099 Euclid Avenue

Manassas, VA 20110

Branch Manager: Bernie Greil (she was very helpful including carrying the 90g tank)

One more question for you guys...

What size hole do I need them to cut for a 2" bulkhead? It is for a Reeflo Dart to be used as return.

Thanks again!