Going to Hawaii

Pat_13

We just booked our trip to Honolulu and I have never been so I wanted to know what are the places to hit when I am there.

Of course I want to go snorkeling but where to go and where to avoid?

Places to eat, things to do, things to avoid.

Things to avoid........

The road to hanna, in maui....it is H-E-double hockey sticks!!!!!

aside from that, if you have it in the wallet, do a helicopter tour. they are awesome....

Things to avoid........

The road to hanna, in maui....it is H-E-double hockey sticks!!!!!

aside from that, if you have it in the wallet, do a helicopter tour. they are awesome....

I thought it was fun! My wife, however, didn't, especially in the red-Camaro-that-I-wasn't-supposed-to-drive-all-the-way-around-and-signed-the-waiver-saying-I-wouldn't. Which island are you staying in?

Honolulu sounds like the Oahu to me. Somethings to hit from my memory- there's the north shore- big surfing there. A really nice beach is Waimea Bay- even has a litttle cliff you can jump off of. The snorkeling there is tame yet rewarding. Also along the way you can get to the shrimp truck- ~$12 for a huge platter of tasty garlic shrimp and rice. Very well known, also often imitated so ask around and you should be able to find the original one. They also used it in Lost as the truck where Sawyer found the man who conned his mom (shot on the big island).

Other food includes Malasadas (http://www.leonardshawaii.com/ is the best)- basically take a jelly filled doughnut but instead of jelly put in creme, chocolate or other bad stuff and then deep fry it once more for some extra bad-tastyness. Shaved ice is really good too. There's some really well known place you can get it in a non-descript neighborhood grocery store (http://www.matsumotoshaveice.com). Be adventurous and get things like the red bean and other non-standard stuff.

Of course visiting Pearl and the Arizona are must-dos. The Dole plantation is kind of fun if you have kids.

Hope this helps!

GO TO DUKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best food on the island hands down....

Go snokeling at hunamo bay (sp?) It is on the southest corner of the island. Go early or the parking lot will be full and you won't be able to get in. If you want to see some sea turtles go over way to the right side (from looking out into ocean). It is a little hard to get around there but you are sure to see some turtles, i've see 7 the 3 times i was there....

I'll have to ask my co-worker but last time he went he rented a boat for like $40 and they went out to this sweet snorkeling hole. I'll ask and get back to you next week.

Other than that enjoy the sun and go hiking in the mountains, it is a blast but muddy : )

Diamond head hike, kinda pointless and unless you have a 6 pack in you, very boring and slow...

If you want to give me a ring and discuss anything about the island feel free (703) 203-0184, i've been there so man times for work that i'm tired of going, sad....

Kauai is by far the most beautiful in my opintion...I like to stay by Poipu beach (good snorkling).

Anini beach (out of the way) has UNBELIEVABLE snorkling. Last time I was there I saw several morays...