RO question

altezza

my RO was putting out 17tds so i replace the micro filters and the carbon filters....now output are 245...try to flush the membrane for 30 mins..and its still the same....i only had the RO kit for 9 months now..is the membrane DEAD?

my RO was putting out 17tds so i replace the micro filters and the carbon filters....now output are 245...try to flush the membrane for 30 mins..and its still the same....i only had the RO kit for 9 months now..is the membrane DEAD?

If you have it connected correctly and you are getting 245 TDS out, then your membrane is not working.

I don't believe replacing the prefilters is an effective way to reduce TDS BTW. Especially the carbon filter.

tim

When you replace the filters you must run without the RODI hookedup to clear out any the dust particles that are built up. If you did not do this it is possible you cooked your membrane, especially because you had 17 before.

Another think to do is make sure you have all the lines hooked up correctly, they are easy to cross

245 is probably about the TDS of your tap water. So the RO is definitely not working. Are you running full RO/DI or just RO? 17 after the RO and before your DI is pretty good .... not sure why you're getting 245 now. Be sure all the valves are in the right place - it sounds to me like you're bypassing the RO membrane.

im running just RO...its a two stage ro system...the micron filter and the carbon is all i have..well also the membrane..so thats three.

i'll make sure all the cable are connected properly tonight....thanks for the advice guys

First time I replaced my filters I opened the membrane to see it (I was curious) and it dried up and I messed it up. Hopefully that didn't happened to you. Good luck.

BRK sells membranes and I have seen them at Home Depots as well.