MP10 pump

El Camaron

I think i will be getting my pump today and well i have never had a vortech pump and im not sure what setting would be best to use? it is going in my 34 gallon solana.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Let us know how it works in your tank! I have been looking for an MP20 or MP40, but if your 10 pushes a lot of water, I may go for it instead. Hope it works well for you.

thanks stephen, i will try the algoon and see how it does.

Stu, the mp10 definitely pushes plenty of water, but if your upgrading tanks in the future then get the 20 or 40. I dont see any upgrades for a while and even if i do it would only be a 50 or 60 which i would still be able to use this.

In crest, mode. Not really, a small hum is all. But I'm contemplating on removing the 40 for some tunzes though. Not sure which route I'm going to go just yet.

I like the concept of the vortechs!! But i appreciate that my internal tunzes are virtually silent. If I could get the vortechs for $200 or less I wouldn't think about it... but I still think they are overpriced.

Anyway, how would a MP40 perform in a 92gal corner tank? :)

Now that you mention it I remember seeing it. Will a 1/4 circle change much the dynamics of the water movement?

I just feel that 1/4 will have the vortechs facing the opposite front corner and will only reach corals as a rebound, I wouldn't mind "testing" one. :rolleyes:

I should update my post w/video...

I had to put mj1200 w/mod kit on other end after 3 weeks or so.. I was getting some dead spots where green hair algea started growing.. but still MP40 is really powerful that I have it turned down a bit. I have a new video that I need to upload..I'll do that when i get home.