Pristine Aquarium

Jan

So I finally made it to Pristine Aquarium and WOW, they certainly do live up to their name. The place is immaculate. The tanks are so clean that it looks like there's no water in them. I just so happened to get there at feeding time. The fish appeared very healthy. They were very lively and eating well. There wasn't a blemish on any of them. They have nice looking rock flower anemones, seaba anemones, haitian anemones and condys. The purple reef lobsters and watchman gobies were also very nice. I had to have one of those reef safe purple lobsters. They also have two types of damsels that I've not seen at any of the LFS I've visited; One was white with black and yellow stripesand the other was black with a blue stripe. they were very reasonably priced too. They have a nice but small collection of LPS and SPS. They also appeared very healthy. I didn't see any creepy crawlies on them. When the lights when on they opened right up. Nice color, none were droopy or being eaten. Pristine Aquarium is fairly new and to be totally honest I didn't expect to see what I saw especially in this economy. They obviously care about their livestock. They're serious about what they do and it shows. The service was really excellent. I asked if they QT their fish and I was told that they do QT all fish before they are put out for display. I'm about 5 minutes from Super petz and Wallies. I really can't stand the smell in superpetz. The service at times can be just as bad as the smell. Wallies just never has anything that I'm looking for. Service is really good there but... For the extra 5 minute drive Pristine Aquarium gets my business from now on. I'm still a big fan of BRK and F&F's and I will definately keep going to them too even though they're a hike for me it's worth it. They all have something I want and the service is great! So if you're in the DC and NoVa area you must check out Pristine Aquarium. I'm certain that if there's something you want they'll try to get it for you.

I completely agree. Not only do they keep an excellent store they are also very knowledgable. I dont get there often but I love stopping in when I get the chance.

Im a big fan of Pristine, I have been in several times and am always happy with the place, really clean, very helpful and honor the wamas 10% discount, cant beat that..!! I will continue to do business there..

Agreed, I really like the place. Years and years ago, Superpets was the first non petsmart/co store I found that carried fish and I remember being very very impressed. I don't know if they have gone downhill or I have just found way better stores since then but I suspect it is the latter. I have been happy with all the freshwater fish I bought there but the marine section is just downright depressing. Pristine on the other hand is great- most of my tank is stocked from them and everything is doing very well.

• 4 months later...

I agree, their tanks looked great. I stopped by there last night on the way home from work. They are a bit expensive on salt and corals compared to other LFSs in the area, but the staff seemed knowledgable and friendly. They told me that even though they are no longer a WAMAS sponser, the still honor the 10% discount.